Mountain bikers will find miles and miles of single track trails for all abilities and types of riding around McCall, Jug Mountain Ranch, Brundage Mountain and Tamarack Resort! See the links and information below.
Our area will also be hosting several mountain bike events as well as weekly rides throughout the mountain bike season hosted by CIMBA and Gravity Sports. Visit our mountain bike events page for more information – Mountainbike Events & Rides.
Other Recommended Mountain Biking Trails:
These are other great trails in the area! Visit the links below (Mountain Bike Trail Maps & Downloads) to view trail access points, milage and more information.
- Bear Basin (network of beginner to intermediate trails just west of McCall – access at Kings Pine Estates entrance via N. Club Hill Blvd, provides several loop options and sweet downhill flow section to West Face Parking lot off Hwy 55 northwest of Little Ski Hill across the highway from Bear Creek Lodge). Visit CIMBA’s website to down a trail map: [ Bear Basin Trail Map ]
- Loon Lake: Chinook Campground to Loon Lake Loop (access via Ruby Meadows near Burgdorf Hot Springs or via Chinook Campground just past Secesh, very popular trail, shared use)
- Bear Pete (near Burgdorf, shared use)
- Twenty Mile (access south of Secesh Summit or just north of Lick Creek Summit, shared use)
- Goose Creek Trail (access from Last Chance Campground and Brundage Reservoir – great down hill route, challenging uphill route.)
- Crestline (access via Eastside Drive in McCall or Pearl Lake from Warren Wagon Road outside of McCall, shared use.)
- Eagles Nest (access off Warm Lake Road south east of Cascade, shared use.)
- Ponderosa State Park Summer Trails – Ponderosa State Park is accessible via Davis Road. A small fee will be required for use. Camping and vacations rentals are available in the park as well. [ Ponderosa State Park Summer Trails ]
Mountain Bike Trail Maps & Downloads:
Here are a few options for obtaining mountain bike trail maps for the area surrounding McCall, Donnelly and Cascade:
McCall, Idaho Adventure Map
The McCall, Idaho Adventure Map (2013 version) is a waterproof, topographic (lat/long,UTM grids) trail map that includes route descriptions for trails in the McCall area including, Payette Lake, Loon Lake, Tamarack Resort, Bear Basin Trails, Warm Lake, Payette River, Secesh Summit, Brundage Mountain, and Jug Mountain Ranch Trails. It includes descriptions of 22 mountain bike rides, 5 road bike rides, and 3 hikes. Fishermen, hunters and OHV riders will also find this map very useful as it accurately shows all streams, lakes, roads, OHV routes and land ownership boundaries. This map includes blowups of the Bear Basin Trails, Jug Mtn Ranch Trails, and Tamarack Foothills Trails.
“Mountain Biking in McCall” by Steve Stuebner
For more information and in-depth descriptions on mountain bike trails and many more in the area, pick up the book at www.stevestuebner.com or at many local vendors in McCall such as Gravity Sports, Home Town Sports, Ridleys (sporting goods department) and McCall Drug.
Link: [ www.stevestuebner.com ]
Idaho Trails Online
Also visit Idaho Trail Online The State of Idaho Parks and Recreation has a great online tool for exploring trails and routes via its online map tool! Simply visit the link and type in the area of interest in the search bar. The legend on the left shows you trail or route type and if you want to see the topo map, just click “Basemap” for the topo map option. Be sure to add “idaho” in your map search.
Link: [ Idaho Trail Online ]
Mountain Bike Guides & Lessons
Single Track Sessions and Payette Powder Guides offer guided mountain bike tours in several locations around McCall as well as mountain bike lessons and clinics for all levels of mountain bikers – visit the links for more information: